What Is Project M?
Project M is a community-made mod of Brawl inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's gameplay designed to add rich, technical gameplay to a balanced cast of characters while additionally enhancing the speed of play. Project M employs new codes which seamlessly add in new, universal features to the entire cast to add technical variety to all characters.
Project M is playable on ANY NTSC Wii, without any hardware modification, and even without any longterm software modification. All that is needed to get started is an SD card and a copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:
- A fast-paced game
- with flowing, natural movement
- where the player has a great degree of control over their character due to the technical skill that they've achieved.
- The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.
- Offstage edgeguarding is risky but rewarding, while on-stage edgeguarding is safer but less rewarding.
- Recoveries generally require great skill to use, with the advantage usually being with the edgeguarding player, with some exceptions.
- The combos are challenging and spontaneous, with anything longer than 2-3 hits requiring a knowledge of both characters' options and some degree of prediction and/or a deep understanding of the mental aspect of the game.
In short, Project M aims to capture the essence of what made Melee a truly great game in our eyes.
Considering that this website is an unofficial version of the former Project M website, no contact for the real Project M Development Team will be provided. If you need to contact the website host, email [email protected], or for more informal communication, contact me on Twitter: @Auxel_